Saturday February 5th, 10am - 4pm, INCLUDES PATTERN
Please note that this workshop takes place at the ABBEY CHURCH HALL. See further details below.
You will be guided step-by-step through every detail of this awesome tote bag to produce something both uniquely handmade and practical. This is a great project with a satisfying professional finish.
The tote size is perfect for a day trip or a work bag, and the project size is great for knitting or crochet projects, or as a lunch bag! Both sizes feature a fun drawstring closure and an interior slip pocket. A handy front pocket with an additional zippered pocket makes this tote super functional.
WHAT THE CLASS WILL COVER:
- inserting great zips
- creating neat draw-string panels
- working with bag hardware
- pockets, pockets and more pockets!
Please be aware that our workshops are temporarily being held in the Abbey Church Hall on Abbey Park Place while we finish renovations on our new studio back at the shop. The room we use at the hall is accessed via a flight of stairs. Our new accessible studio space opens at the end of February 2022. Thank you for your patience while we create a brilliant space to teach our classes.
This class is suitable for confident beginners & improvers - you need to have a little experience of machine sewing, how to fill a bobbin, thread the machine and sew reasonably accurate seam allowances. If you are completely new to machine sewing, we suggest you try our Beginners Sewing Weekend first.
This class is suitable for adults only, age 16+.
Please carefully check our Terms & Conditions prior to booking.
For information on how we have adapted our bookings/terms and studio practices with regards to Covid-19, please click here.
- Tuition and guidance from Victoria
- Pattern sent to you prior to the class
- Guidance on the use of technical fabrics, interfacings and hardware used in bag making
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
- Your pattern cut out and ready to sew; see image for details.
- Your basic sewing kit, including polyester thread for assembly, sharp scissors, pins & quick-unpick.
- Hardware will be available to purchase in class on the day but can be bought in store before the class too.