Make your own playful and practical raincoat or cosy duffle to shelter from the elements. Fully lined, Eden has raglan sleeves and thoughtful details like a high neck hood to keep out the wind, practical pockets and a hanging loop.
Choose from hip or long lengths, snaps or toggle fastenings with optional zip, two pocket styles and optional storm flaps. Whether on a weekend walk, at a festival or doing the school run, you can wear your DIY outerwear with pride!
Eden includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet. (Alternatively, you can order the digital version to print and assemble at home, or have the A0 format printed at a copy shop.)
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium- to heavy-weight woven fabrics such as wool coating, cotton drill, waxed canvas, Gore-Tex, ripstop, PUL and cotton laminate. For the lining, try viscose, acetate, polyester or cotton lawn, or even low stretch jersey for a casual anorak lining.
- Fabric – please refer to pattern envelope
- Matching thread
- 1.4m (1yd) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 6-8 x 15mm (in) visible or hidden press-on or sew-on snaps. Optional: 2 extra snaps for pockets
- Optional: 3 x ready-made toggle fastenings or toggle buttons and cord
- Optional: Open-end zip 50-53cm (20-21in) for jacket version, 58-72cm (23-28in) for coat version
- Sewing machine, basic tools, incl zip foot