Make your own playful and practical raincoat or cosy duffle to shelter from the elements. Fully lined, Eden has raglan sleeves and thoughtful details like a high neck hood to keep out the wind, practical pockets and a hanging loop.
Choose from¬†hip¬†or long lengths, snaps or toggle fastenings with optional zip, two pocket styles and optional storm flaps. Whether on a weekend walk, at a festival or doing the school run, you can wear your DIY outerwear with pride!
Eden¬†includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step ‚Äì making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
PRINTED PATTERN -¬†You‚Äôll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing¬†full-scale¬†pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet. (Alternatively,¬†you can order the¬†digital version¬†to print and assemble at home,¬†or have the A0 format printed at a copy shop.)¬†
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS¬†-¬†Medium- to heavy-weight woven fabrics such as wool coating, cotton drill, waxed canvas, Gore-Tex, ripstop, PUL and cotton laminate. For the lining, try viscose, acetate, polyester or cotton lawn, or even low stretch jersey for a casual anorak lining.
- Fabric ‚Äì¬†please refer to pattern envelope
- Matching thread
- 1.4m (1yd) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 6-8 x 15mm (in) visible or hidden press-on or sew-on snaps. Optional: 2 extra snaps for pockets
- Optional: 3 x ready-made toggle fastenings or toggle buttons and cord
- Optional: Open-end zip 50-53cm (20-21in) for jacket version, 58-72cm (23-28in) for coat version
- Sewing machine, basic tools, incl zip foot