Starts Friday February 25th, 6.30pm - 9pm, SIX WEEKS
Please note that this workshop will take place in our new SYC Studio! See further details below.
Week 1 - Friday February 25th, 6.30pm - 9pm
Week 2 - Friday March 4th, 6.30pm - 9pm
Week 3 - Friday March 11th, 6.30pm - 9pm
Week 4 - Friday March 18th, 6.30pm - 9pm
Week 5 - Friday March 25th, 6.30pm - 9pm
Week 6 - Friday April 1st, 6.30pm - 9pm
Hosted by Aileen, in this group you will make your first patchwork quilt! You’ll try new techniques and learn all of the core skills you’ll need to piece, quilt and bind your very own quilt from beginning to end.
WHAT THE CLASS WILL COVER:
- Cut fabric following pattern instructions
- Work with accurate seam allowances
Layer, baste and quilt your work
- Make and attach binding from scratch
We are delighted to be able to welcome you to our refurbished studio! It is accessed down a flight of stairs from the shop with alternative access direct to the basement for anyone requiring an entrance without steps. If you do have any accessibility needs or questions, please let us know in the comments when you book.
When attending any class, we will meet you at the shop door 10mins before the start time. If you are running late and arrive to a closed front door, please walk down the side alley (Wilson's Close) to the signposted side entrance and ring the doorbell.
This group is suitable for anyone who is a confident beginner or improver at the sewing machine, or wants to refresh long-forgotten skills. You need to be able to thread a sewing machine, fill a bobbin and sew in a straight line! If you are completely new to machine sewing, we suggest you try our Beginners Sewing Weekend first.
This class is suitable for adults only, age 16+.
Please carefully check our Terms & Conditions prior to booking.
For information on how we have adapted our bookings/terms and studio practices with regards to Covid-19, please click here.
- Professional tuition by Aileen
- Pattern and techniques handouts
- Use of our Janome digital sewing machines and studio equipment
- Endless encouragement and advice!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
- 6 fat quarters of quilt weight cotton - these can be a mix of patterned and plain that work together.
- 0.5m of quilt weight cotton fabric for binding
- 1.5m of quilt weight cotton fabric for backing
- 1.5m of good quality wadding - you can purchase this after we've had a chat about different types of waddings
- Basic sewing kit (thread, scissors, tape measure, seam ripper, clips/pins etc.) and a rotary cutter