Saturday March 12th, 10am - 4pm
Please note that this workshop will take place in our new SYC Studio! See further details below.
Join our dressmaking expert, Victoria, for this one-day class - it's a great way to get straight into creating your own clothes! You'll be guided in choosing what size to work on, how to read a pattern and cut out the correct pieces, assemble your garment and make sure it fits.
You'll be making a pair of pyjama trousers (which could also be made as loose linen trousers), and there are options for different body shapes. So this class is open to everyone.
We are delighted to be able to welcome you to our refurbished studio! It is accessed down a flight of stairs from the shop with alternative access direct to the basement for anyone requiring an entrance without steps. If you do have any accessibility needs or questions, please let us know in the comments when you book.
When attending any class, we will meet you at the shop door 10mins before the start time. If you are running late and arrive to a closed front door, please walk down the side alley (Wilson's Close) to the signposted side entrance and ring the doorbell.
This group is not suitable for complete beginners to sewing as you must be able to fill a bobbin, thread a machine and sew with accurate straight seam allowance. If you are completely new to sewing, we suggest you try our Beginner Sewing Weekend. However if you have a little machine sewing experience, you are ready to make your first garment and this workshop will be perfect for you!
This class is suitable for adults only, age 16+.
Please carefully check our Terms & Conditions prior to booking.
For information on how we have adapted our bookings/terms and studio practices with regards to Covid-19, please click here.
- Professional tuition by Victoria
- Printed Tilly and the Buttons pattern to take home
- Use of our Janome digital sewing machines and studio equipment
- Endless encouragement and advice!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
- Machine-sewing thread (sew-all polyester thread or quality cotton is recommended)
- Basic sewing kit (bobbins, fabric scissors, tape measure, seam ripper, pins etc.)
- Pattern paper to trace off your chosen size
- 3 metres of pre-washed fabric (cotton lawn, flannel, linen/blend)
- You can purchase any draw-string or additional notions on the day
- Bring a notebook to jot down measurements, instructions and any future fabric requirements.